At Nancy Dee we aim to bring you a unique range of the best British made sustainable women’s wear, where style and comfort is not compromised on and every effort has been made to ensure we are creating minimal impact on this amazing planet of ours.
- nurturing and promoting the specialist skills which established Britain's reputation for quality manufacture.
- using small factories where we can talk directly to the people who make the garments.
- sourcing our other needs for printing, labelling, packaging etc. from small, local, quality businesses.
- ethical production: strict UK and EU working regulations ensure high standards in British factories.
We take the utmost care to source only the very best sustainable fabrics. Using a mix of natural fibres such as bamboo, linen and cotton (organic where possible), we also use deadstock fabrics that are sourced right here in the UK and upcycle these into our Nancy Dee designs.
- Our patterns are designed to minimise fabric wastage. Leftover fabric is used for the following season's samples, or re-dyed and used for a brand new design.
- We recommend that all our garments are washed at low temperatures and line-dried. Most pieces can be machine washed.
- We use video conferencing to minimise travel and drive an electric car when it's needed.
- We use acid-free tissue paper and recyclable cardboard tags and mailing bags.
- Print, packaging and labels are sourced locally, reducing transport and supporting our local economy.
- We recycle all paper and printing waste.